Is Getting Rid Of Deadwood Enough To Flourish?

My home has a stoop that overlooks the back courtyard. It’s large enough for two chairs, a small table and some plants. There’s a large 8’ tentacled plant that leans against the surrounding wall that had grown over into the seating area. Until the past week it’s been too hot to comfortably sit outside here in Arizona, so I hadn’t thought much about this … Continue reading

Is Putting Your Customers First Still A Good Idea?

I hope you all enjoyed Labor Day? Having a day to acknowledge the American workforce is especially important to me, especially since I founded Lucky Duck Living.  To that end, I recently read the book “Small Giants” by Bo Burlingame. It’s not about buying American, but rather a snapshot of U.S. business owners who have chosen – in various ways — being “great” over … Continue reading

Your Life Doesn’t Need to Look Like Anyone Else’s! Here’s A Jumpstart On How To Break Free From Old Ideas...

Last week I invited a new friend to my weekly Gal’s movie night. She said she’d love to join in soon, but is traveling for work a lot right now. Then added, “I really need more balance in my life!” She sparked something that I’m sure we can all relate to: feeling bad and stressing ourselves out while striving for balance. Doesn’t that … Continue reading

How To Lose The Small Talk And Skyrocket Your Happiness Quotient

The other day I had a — much needed — chat with my dear friend Nicki. Despite the many miles we live apart and the many moons that can pass between visits, our conversations are ALWAYS uplifting. Every time we catch up, the warmth and tone in her voice tells me she loves me and is truly interested in how … Continue reading

I’m Engaged! And, It’s Better Than Ever!

It’s true...I’m engaged, but it may not be what you think ~ I am completely and hopelessly wrapped up in the Olympics. As I write...I hear it beckon! Interesting, though. I’ve never really watched the Games like I have this year. In the past, I’d catch gymnastic or swimming highlights and the occasional javelin throw. But, it was random, and I certainly made no conscious … Continue reading