That’s right, when I got my dog, Vito, I swore I would not put myself in the position to choose between a massive vet bill and his well-being. So I did my research and discovered top-rated Healthy Paws. I love, love, LOVE them! They reimburse FAST, and even cover holistic treatments like acupuncture and chiropractics.
HOT WEATHER FAVES:
FOR COLD WEATHER:
• Shearling dog coat — Suede Shearling Coat — The absolute best! Made of faux shearling it wears well is priced great and looks amazing! I got them in different sizes as my pup grew. He absolutely loves wearing it. And, I know it keeps him nice and cozy on our cold morning walks:) LOVE!
My happy pup sporting his faux shearling coat...
YEAR ROUND FAVES:
• Paw conditioner — Musher’s Secret Pet Paw Protector Wax — Why paw conditioner? That’s what I thought. Now I use this all the time to keep my pooches pads (and in between) well conditioned, preventing painful cracks. The label says it protects from hot surfaces as well as cold, but, I cannot find documentation of this, so defer to a comfortable surface temperature during the summer...don’t risk burning your pup’s footsies! Another great tip: if your dog has allergies to grass — many dogs (especially smooth coated) do — this creates a barrier on the pads and helps prevent allergic reactions like swelling, redness, rashes and irritation.
• Exercise and Activity — The P.E.T.™ Device is a genius product to make exercising your dog super fun, easy and effective... in as little as 10 minutes a day! They are sure to sell out, so check ’em out and pre-order right away. HERE.
NOTE: Do not play on pavers, pool deck or any other rough or hard surfaces as the sudden movements chasing the toy could tear up your pet’s paw pads.
• Dog chew — Antler dog chews — My pup’s number one chew choice! He LOVES his antler chew. It’s a great use of all natural shed antlers...and they last a long time, even for strong chewers like my pit bull. It’s also easy on their digestive systems and doesn’t seem to give them gas or bad breath..hurray! They come in Small, Medium and Large. Also, I’ve only heard of one dog that didn’t take to it. Then his owner soaked it in chicken broth, let it dry out...and now it’s his have, too!
• Dog food/Grain Free — Nature’s Variety Instinct Rawboost Grain-Free Chicken Meal Formula Dry Dog Food (23.5 lbs.) This amazing food saved my dog from horrible allergy outbreaks. He was on a premium grain-free brand that we loved and used and then his body turned on him and he got hives all over! Some of it was environmental.... but, the first thing I did was change his food and it made a HUGE difference. If you’ve been going round and round with your pooch’s allergies you might want to give this a try.
AND, if they don’t have allergies, but you want to give them a grain free food they will LOVE, this is a delish kibble with little nuggets of freeze-dried raw food to make it extra tasty.
I also like that because of their high quality ingredients you can switch up the flavors morning and night to give variety to your pet’s diet. In addition to chicken they have lamb. beef, salmon and turkey. Different formulas, some grain free and some not. Some with raw nuggets, some not. But, something for everyone.
I’d love to hear how your pet does on this, feel free to let me know... you can email me HERE:)
Thanks so much for perusing my Pet Supply faves page. Please let me know if you have any questions, and be sure to check out all my favorites: