All my Beauty faves listed alphabetically...
• Eyelash Curler — Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler — The best. Period. But, I heard they may be discontinued, so get one while you can!
• Eyeliner — L’oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner — I’ve used the Earthen Rock Brown for years. Easy to control felt precision applicator is built in. Easy to use for a delicate accent, or can be easily built up for a dramatic use. Especially with their Black Mica color.
• Facial Cleanser — Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract - Using this amazing daily facial cleanser has changed my complexion. No more sensitive red patches, dry skin or breakouts. Plus, toxic free; no parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals!
• Facial Cleansing cloths — Use Baby washcloths to wash your face and you’ll never go back! Soft, inexpensive, not too rough, but gently exfoliates and cleanses thoroughly. Also, they dry quickly, so great for travel and no mildew!
• Facial Cleansing Oil/Eye Makeup Remover - Philosophy Purity Cleansing Oil, 5.8 Ounces — I use this as an eye makeup remover. Excellent dissolving power — even with waterproof mascara — and doesn’t give me breakouts, or leave a greasy feel.
• Facial Intense Moisturizer — Nia Intensive Cream — I put this on my face, neck and decollate at night over Avene 1%. It’s an excellent hydrator that penetrates deep and moisturizes without clogging my pores. There is also a lighter weight Nia Strengthening, that can be used morning and night. But, I prefer the potency of the Intensive and using it once in the evening.
• Facial Magic! — Prescriptives Super Line Preventor Xtreme — What a relief that this product remains available! I’ve been using for ten years plus. If I had one luxury beauty item to keep, this would be it! I put on daily under my Elta sunblock. It goes on super silky with the Prescriptives foundation brush. Two words. It works! Sorry no link yet...working on it!
• Facial Powder — L’oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder — This fantastic powder is silky, lightweight and doesn’t settle into creases. I dust it over my foundation and blush for a soft, finished look. Or I dust it over freshly washed and moisturized skin if I want to skip foundation. Absorbs shine without being matte and lifeless...and, it’s talc-free! My preference is the Translucent.
• Facial Scrub — Nia Facial Scrub — An excellent gentle exfoliant for your face! Especially if you have sensitive skin, like I do...but, want the smooth polish and deep clean a scrub offers. I like to use this 1–2 times a week.
• Facial Skin Repair — Eau Thermale Avene Retrinal Creme — I use Avene .1 every night combined with the Nia Intensive and have virtually held off visible aging for the last 5 years. It helps plump the skin and fights off fine lines and wrinkles. Retrinal is very effective, but can be harsh...and with my sensitive skin, I thought I’d be out of luck. But with my dermatologist’s guidance I found this perfect solution. I currently use the 1%, but first used a tube of the .25% and then a tube of the .5 before switching to the highest 1% concentration. Amazing product!
• Facial Skin Toner — Burts Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner — I have combination to oily skin and found the path to a clear complexion came ‑in part- through balancing the ph level of my skin. This refreshing toner helps accomplish that and is super gentle on my sensitive skin.
• Facial Sunblock — Elta MD UV Facial SPF 30 — Best facial sunblock available. Hands down. I apply this on my face, neck, decollate and the back of my hands daily. The reason I love it so much is not only it’s light mousse-like consistency, but that it contains hyluronic acid which is key in retaining moisture and fighting free radicals that attack the elasticity and condition of our skin. This sunblock has it all!
• Foundation Applicator — Prescriptives Foundation Brush — I’ve become a HUGE fan of using a brush to apply foundation. And, am so grateful it’s still available online since they pulled the Prescriptives line from retailers. Sorry no link yet...working on it!
If you want a simple way to step up your appearance, and keep from looking “made up...” try this amazing brush. It’s been over ten years now, and I will never return to putting on base or Line Preventor with a sponge or my fingertips. Their handle is the perfect length, and the bristles are sooo soft, but they don’t break or fall out, and the head is not too thick, not too thin. This brush gives just the right coverage and finish that our fingertips just can’t accomplish.
• Foundation/Concealer/Eyes/Face — YSL touche eclat under eye concealer — Truly amazing. Takes years off! Makeup artist’s number one item in their kit. Excellent for undereye circles and for highlighting inner eye, nasal folds and upper lip for an instant lift. It magically gives nice coverage without a dry cakey appearance, which, for me, is important to avoid under the eyes. Pricey, but a little goes a long way. I do best with # 1 Luminous Radiance with my skin tone. Sorry no link yet...working on it!
• Foundation/Concealer/LipLine — Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector Liquid Spf 25 — I use this in their Light shade on my upperlip ridge outline to give added sun protection and an added lift and look of extra fullness to my lips. It’s an amazing trick! I personally found it a bit cakey under my eyes, but, for the upper lip trick, there is nothing I like better!
• Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer — Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Moisturizer Spf 20 — I starting using this foundation last summer when the brand I used became very hard to find. I like; it’s light-weight easy application, the oil-free sheer finish and the sun protection it offers. During the summer when I have a bit more natural color I use Light to Neutral. During cooler months Fair to Light color. Always apply your base makeup with a quality foundation brush like Prescriptives Foundation Brush.
• Hair color — Clairol Beautiful Collection Professional Semi Permanent Color — Don’t poo-poo Clairol color...Louis Licari colorist extraordinaire uses it for a reason! Currently, I use Medium Ash Brown which neutralizes the brassiness in my hair and leaves it super soft. It washes out over time without any obvious line, and doesn’t leave a build up. I’ve been using this product for years and won’t use anything else. When I highlight my hair, I use the Light Ash Brown as a toner which gives my hair a wonderful richness and more time between visits to the colorist. Great product!
• Hand Cream — Herbacin Kamille Glycerine Hand Cream — I’ve tried many other hand creams and always come back to this. It not only moisturizes, but protects your skin from the elements. Non-greasy..the camomile heals and restores, Glycerin smooths the skin, moisturizes and keeps skin elastic and Silicon acts like an invisible glove. Amazing price, too. I usually buy several and keep on nightstand, in car and in purse.
• Lipgloss — Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Soother Cooling Hydragel with spf 20 — Another fantastic lip protector with extra gloss. My favorite is Glow 70 (a shimmering sheer bare pink), but they have eight other colors to choose from.
• Lipstick — Ulta Raisin Lipstick #215 — Lipcolors tend to turn orange on me. Ulta Raisin lipstick stays true to it’s soft berry color and is a wonderful balance between sheer and opaque. I put a light coat on and work it into my lips with a lip brush or my finger to create a blended natural stain. Sorry no link yet...working on it!
• Lipstick — Shiseido sheer gloss lipstick — Shiseido is a master at colors that complement our individual skintones. This is a non-greasy sheer with emollience and staying power. Sorry no link yet...working on it!
• Makeup/Blush/Bronzer — Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer — I used Neutrogena Raisin blush forever, and loved it...so, of course they discontinued it! However, I forgive them, because they introduced the Raisin Glow Duo. The bronzer gives me a wonderful glow when applied lightly to my forehead, nose bridge, cheek bones and chin. Then the blush on the apples of my cheeks gives me a bit of sunkissed color. Apply sparingly and you’ll have the healthiest glow around!
• Mascaras — Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara — Great price, easy to use, volume and length without clumping. Love waterproof! My fave mascara, right now. It also comes with a curved wand if you prefer.
• Nose Hair Trimmers — Panasonic ER-GN30‑K Vortex Wet/Dry Nose and Facial Hair Trimmer Oh, YES, I did, Ladies! Your makeup, hair and wardrobe can be perfect. But nose hair ruins everything! We all have it, we all need it...it just doesn’t need to be hanging out of your shnoz. This is a must have for every woman’s beauty kit. You’re welcome.
• Self Tanner — L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Streak Free Self Tanning Body Lotion is my go to for a natural glow. My skin has a tendency to turn orange with self tanners, but the Medium Natural gives my legs a gorgeous bronze. I love it and highly recommend. Just, don’t forget to wash your hand right after applying!
• MANICURE/PEDICURE BASICS •
• Cuticle nippers — Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Nippers (some people prefer a cuticle stick, and choose not to trim – I trim)
• Rough/cracked heels — Tweezerman Callus Corn Shaver — If you are sure to give your footsties a good soak first and be gentle with the trouble spots, this little tool is simply amazing! A sharp blade is key, be sure to get plenty of Replacement Blades.
• Basecoat – Orly Bonder Basecoat has a rubberized finished that makes it my absolute favorite base! An adhesive basecoat is key in helping nailcolor properly and lastingly adhere. Apply one coat.
• Nail Polishes — OPI Nail Lacquer — For the cooler months my toenail polish pick is: Just A Little Rosti At This. Always sheer pink on the fingernails. My default is Opi Bubblebath.
• Top Coat – My favorite is Barielle UV Glaze Top Coat This super shiny and color-locking brand is key in preventing chipping and prolonging manicure. Apply one coat.
• Quick Dry – I like Revlon Liquid Quick Dry There are, however, both spray versions and brush on quick dry products. Apply one coat.
• Nail Oil – My finishing touch is always No Lift Nails Cuticle Oil Apply generously to cuticles and nail bed.
Thanks so much for perusing my Beauty Faves page. Check out the rest of my favorites...
Books & Movies and...
Free iPhone App faves, too!
Remember, every purchase makes a difference....thank you for your continued support, and spread the word!
The more we do, the more life matters!
As always, I’m in your corner...Thais